Dinosaur DNA Found

Isn't the premise of the Jurassic Park franchise (I've not seen any of the movies) a scientist who discovered dinosaur DNA and cloned up a bunch of wild raptors?

Isn't the premise of the Jurassic Park franchise (I've not seen any of the movies) a scientist who discovered dinosaur DNA and cloned up a bunch of wild raptors?
It is, but it conveniently ignored the fact stated in the OP.

How would you know dinosaur DNA if you actually ran across it?

Also, there is quite a bit of imagination going on when recreating what we think dinosaurs should have looked like. All we have to go with are bones and skeletons.

That's not true. Many specimens of dinosaur soft tissue have been discovered, the most notable was the blood cells discovered in the marrow of a T-Rex fossil by Mary Schweitzer.

The dinosaurs didn't die out as long ago as we've been taught.

That's not true. Many specimens of dinosaur soft tissue have been discovered, the most notable was the blood cells discovered in the marrow of a T-Rex fossil by Mary Schweitzer.

The dinosaurs didn't die out as long ago as we've been taught.
Good point and this is quite interesting.

We still cannot look to DNA and from there, figure out what a particular dinosaur looked like though. There was a clip on YouTube somewhere making the point that much of what we think dinosaurs look like are based upon artistic imagination and then they use the skeletal structures of modern species (cows, birds, giraffes, elephants, etc.) to come up with made up "dinosaur" like creatures.

We still cannot look to DNA and from there, figure out what a particular dinosaur looked like though. There was a clip on YouTube somewhere making the point that much of what we think dinosaurs look like are based upon artistic imagination and then they use the skeletal structures of modern species (cows, birds, giraffes, elephants, etc.) to come up with made up "dinosaur" like creatures.
That is true. All they have found are fragments. An entire viable molecule, among a host of other things, would be needed to even think of cloning.

I suspect, though, that some may have looked like some of the ancient depictions of dragons.

I am always entertained by the comparison of some currently existing animals to dinosaurs, the snapping turtle for example. The more obvious conclusion is that the snapping turtle is a dinosaur.

I am always entertained by the comparison of some currently existing animals to dinosaurs, the snapping turtle for example. The more obvious conclusion is that the snapping turtle is a dinosaur.
Have you heard about tyrannosaurus rex being related to the modern chicken? I'm not making it up...

Have you heard about tyrannosaurus rex being related to the modern chicken? I'm not making it up...
I've heard this from the researchers at MTSU and at Augusta University

I wonder if they said this with a straight face.
I believe they did...of course, they'd be the kind of "scientists" that backed the storyline we were forced to listen to concerning the issues during the plandemic.